[Zope-dev] Is 2GB a FileStorage limitation still?Z

R. David Murray R. David Murray" <bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 9 May 2000 13:25:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> If the documentation URL below is still accurrate, the 2GB limitation
> question is *not* related to the OS or platform.

I believe that the documentation is out of date.  On my FreeBSD system
I had Data.fs up to about 6GB before it ran out of disk space during
a runaway (incorrectly exectued) load operation.

If you look in the FileStorage source code, the comments talk
about 8 byte length pointers, and there is a lot of munging of
pointers using p64 and u64 utility functions.

So, no, the 2GB limitation is only an OS limitation.  "the future" has
arrived but they forgot to update the docs.

--RDM