[Zope-dev] Is 2GB a FileStorage limitation still?

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 13:49:04 -0400

> From: Jason Spisak [mailto:444@hiretechs.com]
>
> Zopists,
>
> If the documentation URL below is still accurrate, the 2GB limitation
> question is *not* related to the OS or platform.
>
> """
> The format uses 32-bit position pointers. For this reason, the format
> can only be used for moderately sized databases, containing
> no more than
> 2GB of data. A 64-bit file
> storage variant will be provided in the future.
> """

This information is out of date. :(

FileStorage uses 64-bit file pointers.

You should be able to avoid the 2GB limit
on platforms for which Python supports large
files.

Dang, I really need to convert the ZODB UML HTML
to a wiki to make it easier to maintain. :)

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.