[Zope-dev] Re: Great Bridge PostgreSQL

Jerry Spicklemire jerry@spicklemire.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 10:28:37 -0500

FYI,

Many of you probably have seen the blurbs about Great Bridge, a new company
dedicated to promoting and supporting PostgreSQL. This looked like an
opportunity to tap into a source of expert support to bring the Python /
Zope interfaces for PostgreSQL up to par with the currrent revs. Below is a
reply to an E-Mail I sent to Colin Orr, Great Bridge's technical contact.

Later,
Jerry S.

>From: "colin orr" <max_orr@hotmail.com>
>To: jerry@spicklemire.com
>Subject: Re: Great Bridge PostgreSQL
>Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 08:11:08 GMT
>
>Jerry,
>
>Thanks for your enquiry and interest. I am currently looking into the state
>of DB-API2 compliance and I will get back to you shortly with an update.
>
>Regards,
>
>Colin
>

>>Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 11:40:16 -0500
>>
>>Hi Colin,
>>
>>Below are some snippets from the Zope-Development Mailist, mentioning why
>>PostgreSQL was not considered as a platform for initial development of
>>several critical new modules. The Zope Web Development Environment is
>>poised to make an unparalleled impact on Web Development, and all
>>PostgreSQL lacks to be a primary partner is a fully functional Python/Zope
>>Database Adapter. Hopefully the folks at Great Bridge can look into what it
>>might take to quickly eliminate this impediment.

snip