[Zope-dev] Where has the help tab gone ?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:26:55 -0700

Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Is the help tab that used to be there in v.1.x of zopes gone
> forever or is it just well-hidden somewhere?

It's gone, the code is still in our CVS for possible future improvement,
but 2.2 has a much nicer Help system developed by Amos, and it will also
contain a 'discovery' like interface explorer sort of like the 1.x help
system.

> I mean the one that used to be leftmost in the management
> interface and which opens the "Z Online Help" system.
>
> Or are all my Zope2 installs broken ?

No, we took the help system out for a couple of revisions.  It is in
2.2.

> Or am I supposed to keep an 1.10.3 version around to access
> online help ?

The old help system wasn't that useful anyway.  The new one is much
better.

--

-Michel Pelletier

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/MyWiki