[Zope-dev] Zope client? (invitation for developers)

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Wed, 10 May 2000 20:18:56 -0300

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 03:03:58PM +0300, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
>
> > Then I figured, why not a GUI client along the same principles?
> > I fired up glade and python-gnome and started to design an
> > interface. If you have these, you can see a mockup at
> > http://terra.hackandroll.org/lalo/zope/gnope/
> >
> > I started a SourceForge project for gnope (because I want
> > public CVS and I can't have it here). Feel free to comment on
> > the pro/cons of ZPublisher.Client vs. XML-RPC or whatever, I
> > haven't started to fill in the implementation yet.
>
> I've written one already in wxPython, so it runs on Windows, too.  Check out
> http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/load_site.  Make sure you follow the
> instructions on altering Zope or it won't work.  It uses both XML-RPC and
> ZPublisher.Client for historical reasons, but evnetually it'll use XML-RPC
> only, since XML-RPC is a lot more powerful.

load_site is an uploader - if it isn't, you need to update the
description page. I'm planning on something more sophisticated
- editing properties, creating objects, the full kit.

Also, I personally have issues with wxPython. But that's not
important in this context.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
                 pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar