[Zope-dev] dtml-break

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 19:47:18 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonothan Farr <jfarr@real.com>
> Yesterday I announced a patch on the Zope list that adds a <dtml-break>
tag
> which allows you to break out of a <dtml-in> iteration like so:
>
> <dtml-in sequence>
> <dtml-if condition>
> <dtml-break>
> </dtml-if>
> <dtml-var sequence-item>
> </dtml-in>
>
> I'm just wondering what you folks on the zope-dev list and at DC think
about
> adding something like this to the Zope core before my patch gets lost in
the
> collector.

I like it well enough, although with the proposed changes at
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/DTMLWiki/NamedDTMLInLoop
I would prefer it to be a method of the iterator rather than a tag, so that
you would write:

<dtml-in sequence>
  <dtml-if condition><dtml-call sequence-break></dtml-if>
  <dtml-var sequence-item>
</dtml-in>

...or in the case of nested loops:

<dtml-in seq1 var=loop1>
  <dtml-in seq2 var=loop2>
    <dtml-if condition><dtml-call loop1/sequence-break></dtml-if>
    <dtml-var loop1/sequence-item>, <dtml-var loop2/sequence-item>
  </dtml-in>
</dtml-in>

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am