[Zope-dev] HTML Document?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 12:58:00 +0100

Hi,

I was wondering if there is some such thing as a HTML Document, ie: one
in which no DTML is parsed.

There's a couple of reasons I'm asking:

1. I remember the most confusing thing when I started using Zope was
'what the hell do I select from that add dropdown list to get a web
page?' DTMl document/method scared me 'cos I didn't know what they
meant. Had there been an HTML document, I would have been a lot more
comfortable ;-)

2. It would provide a 'safer' object for users of a site to add. I'd be
much happier to let site users/members create a document if I knew they
couldn't put DTML in it and start breaking my site ;-)

Thinking about this, it should be dead simple to do as a product, so if
people think it's a good idea, I'll go ahead and do it :-)

cheers,

Chris