[Zope-dev] HTML Document?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:36:10 +0100

Greg Ward wrote:
> You might want some sort of provision in your mythical "HTML Document"
> product to allow "standard_html_header" and "standard_html_footer" to be
> interpolated appropriately.  Perhaps a checkbox when creating/editing
> the document?

Replacing the mythical "HTML Document" with my next lightbulb, the
mythical "Document", how about the render method taking an argument, say
an integer, with the following meanings:

1. Just chuck out my contents (a real, flat, HTML page or a normal DTML
document)
2. Chuck out my contents, but without headers for footers
   (no <HTML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY></BODY></HTML>), this could be used when
including
   the document somewhere else, for example: with a <dtml-var Doc>
3. Chuck out my contents wrapped in <dtml-var standard_html_header> and
   <dtml-var standard_html_footer> which are obtained through normal
aquisitioneqsue methods.

comments?

cheers,

Chris