[Zope-dev] Import (was: Zope 2.2.0 alpha 1 released... )

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Tue, 16 May 2000 19:07:32 GMT

Anthony Baxter writes:

What about 'import as'?

It would use any of the users available from the users sources that are
aqruired in the location you want to import.

> > To me, the more hairy issue is what if Joe *does* exist in the
> > different Zope installation, and you *do* want Joe to continue
> > to have ownership? Currently, you must either arrange for Joe
> > to do the import (which will give him ownership directly), or
> > import it and use an external method to assign ownership (which
> > is a pain). One thing we've thought of is that perhaps superuser
> > (and only superuser) could be able to assign ownership through
> > a web interface, which could make this sort of thing a bit
> > easier.
>
> Hm. How about some sort of toggle that allows an import to maintain
> ownership from the import file? Course, you need to specify who is
> _allowed_ to set that toggle, or else anyone who can import can set
> up any ownership that they like.
>
> Anthony
> --
> Anthony Baxter     <anthony@interlink.com.au>
> It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com