[Zope-dev] ZODB now supports user-defined __get/set/delattr__ methods

James Henstridge james@daa.com.au
Wed, 17 May 2000 08:57:33 +0800 (WST)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I've just checked in some changes to ExtensionClass,
> and ZODB in the Zope CVS tree that provide support
> for user-defined (python) __get/set/delattr__ methods.
> These methods now have the same semantics as they do
> in standard Python classes.

Have you looked at my patches to allow subclassing ExtensionClasses from
C?  The details (along with the patch) are in the collector at:
  http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1179/view

They don't break source or binary compatibility with released versions of
zope AFAIK, and having this functionality integrated into the official
ExtensionClass distribution would make my life a lot easier.

> These changes are available in the Zope public CVS
> and will be available in future
> Zope releases, including 2.2 and it's beta releases.
> The changes are not in the 2.2 alpha1 release.
>
> Jim

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au