[Zope-dev] ZServer Ftp Active mode through firewall

Shane Hathaway shathaway@earthling.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 08:45:49 -0400

Kent,

If possible, I'd like you to check whether the FTP server is trying to
make the connection from a port other than 20.  Then try out a
different FTP server that is working through the firewall (on active
mode connections) and see if it connects from port 20.  If so, we have
found the problem.  The solution is not obvious to me, however,
considering the restriction of allocation of ports below 1024.
Guidance is welcome...

Shane