[Zope-dev] Re: Strange ZClass permissions problem with 2.2a1

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:39:05 -0400

"Dr. Ross Lazarus" wrote:

> I'm testing 2.2a1.
> I have some ZClasses which work fine in 2.1.6. I copied my Data.fs to
> the new 2.2a1 install.
> As a non-superuser I have taken ownership of the top level of the
> site. When I try to access a zclass instance which uses manage_tabs
> in it's > index_html method, I get the traceback shown below.
>
> The relevant code is checking that the containerbase is not the
> accessedbase whatever they are!
>
> If I take out manage_tabs from the offending ZClass index_html
> method, I can view index_html (but of course, I can't use the
> management stuff built in! making it rather useless), so that's
> where we're getting into trouble for sure.
>
> I've tried starting out with a vanilla 2.2a1 Data.fs and importing all
> the zclasses and the relevent folders - no difference.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
> Is this worthy of the collector?

Does the problem repeat in the "vanilla" version if you just create a
new instance of your ZClass, instead of importing the old pickle?  If
so, it is definitely a "bug";  if not, it may be a "migration problem,"
with a fix like the one Brian posted for recursively "re-ownering"
Zope.org.

Tres.
Tres Seaver  tseaver@digicool.com
Digital Creations  "Makers of Zope"  http://www.zope.org