[Zope-dev] Subclassing LoginManager

Dan L. Pierson dan@sol.control.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 14:29:37 -0400 (EDT)

Phillip J. Eby writes:
 > LoginManager will behave just like your outline, if you give it a
 > BasicCookie LoginMethod, and a BasicAuth LoginMethod, in that order.
 > LoginManager does not climb up the acquisition hierarchy, as that is
 > properly the province of ZPublisher to do.  It will provide the anonymous
 > user, if it is a top-level user folder.

You're right if course.  I just didn't realize that the PTK was set up
to require cookie logins, so I was trying to avoid them and solve the
simpler piece of the problem first :-(

Oh well, that's working fine now.  I can log in, but it looks like
permissions aren't getting set/propagated correctly:

The initial management user is created with roles:

   ['Member', 'Manager', 'Reviewer']

My PersistentUserSource returns this list correctly as the roles list.
All of the following are in Zope 2.1.6:

1. If I create the Portal as superuser with the Portal manager having the
same username as me, then log in to the portal in a new browser I can
see my folder but don't even have the permission to create new objects
in it.

2. If I create the Portal as me, a site Manager, with the Portal manager
having my user name, then log in as above, I can create objects but
clearly don't have Reviewer rights.

3. If I create the Portal as me with the Portal manager having another
username, then log in as above, it's just like the first case.  I can
see my folder but can't create anything in it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong now?