[Zope-Dev] Zope 2.1.6 Memory issue

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 22 May 2000 21:11:49 GMT

R. David Murray:

Since this is a very heavily used Zope install, I am getting trashed faster
than you can say 'leakage'.

> On Mon, 22 May 2000, Jason Spisak wrote:
> > i did it again, and now I'm down to 160 objects total.
> > That's more liek it.
> > But system memory is still dropping. I was at 173632  available (This is
> > only a half our after the Zope restart BTW.  It ate 100MB in under that
> > time.)  before the second pass and now I'm at 173616.
>
> I'm *very* interested in this.
>
> I have a similar setup (stock 2.1.4 + the Lexicon.py patch, no
> external database, no non-bundled Products, custom CatalogAware
> ZClass, large number of objects (~60,000).  I'm running under
> FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE.
>
> I tried the 'minimize' trick and got down to around 200 objects,
> with *no* decrease in memory used.  I'm not leaking memory as fast
> as you, but over time memory usage does go up until swapping starts
> and I'm forced to restart Zope.
>
> Also as (apparently) with you, manage_debug does *not* give
> any clues as to what is taking the memory; everything in the list
> looks normal and does not add up to the observed memory usage
> as far as I can guess.
>
> I'm glad to see someone else is observing this memory weirdness,
> I thought I was the only one.
>
> --RDM

I'm anxious to discover what's going on too.  It's will really be a boon
for DC to have Zope scalable to this size of ZODB and have the stability
I've come to rely on.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO