[Zope-dev] TextIndex Questions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 28 May 2000 14:16:03 +0100

From http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/KeywordIndexes:
> Text Index: property values are applied against a lexicon object that
> stems, stops, and parses the value into a full text index. The index
> may be queried with a simple boolean query language that allows
> 'and', 'or', phrasing, parenthesized boolean expressions, and
> proximity matching. Relevance ranking is supported and returns the
> sum of the occurances of all query terms in the "hit". A normalized
> score is also provided that is normalized from 0 to 100 over the
> whole result set.

This sounds really useful...

Is it still true?
How do you use the query language and return the relevance rating from a
ZCatalog query?
Is it documented anywhere?

also, which of FieldIndex, KeywordIndex and TextIndex is case sensitive
on matching? I thought they all were but I'm not sure anymore...

cheers,

Chris