[Zope-dev] Z SQL: "optional" isn't?

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Mon, 29 May 2000 19:38:43 EST

On Mon, 29 May 2000 21:56:33 +0200 (CEST) you wrote:

> > 	Error, Bad Request: ['version']
>You want to use "default values" in your SQL method argument list.
>
>The details are described in "ZSQL/ZSQL.2.5.2.html".

What's the URL for this?  I'm looking through the
pointers from the documentation page and only
finding
	http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZSQL-HTML/ZSQL.1.5.2.html
I even tried a search and only came up with ZSQL
1.* hits.

>Quote from "ZSQL2.5.2.html":
>
>> See Database method input argument format: Argument name and type are
>> separated by a colon. A equal sign separates the default value from
>> the name and type. The default value is a string representation of the
>> desired value. If the default value contains spaces, or is an empty
>> string, then it must be surrounded by double quotes.)

This is not the same functionality as is provided
by the "optional" attribute.  How would I use it
with an integer, for example?  I don't want a
default value; I want the option of not having
the value set at all.

I like the optional attribute.  I'd like to see
it do more than sit idle in the code.

--kyler