[Zope-dev] ZServerSSL trouble

Ivan Raikov ivan@faxnet.com
31 May 2000 17:07:22 -0400

Greetings,

I just installed ZServerSSL, but when I try to access the https server,
I get the following:

        Traceback (innermost last):
                File "/home/ivan/src/Zope-2.1.6-src/z2s.py", line 681, in ?
                        asyncore.loop()
                File "/home/ivan/src/Zope-2.1.6-src/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 115, in loop
                        poll_fun (timeout)
                File "/home/ivan/src/Zope-2.1.6-src/ZServer/medusa/asyncore.py", line 62, in poll
                        (r,w,e) = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)
        ValueError: filedescriptor out of range in select()

I don't know enough about Zope innards, so I was wondering if someone
can explain when such a situation can occur. I also noticed that the
lists (or tuples) r and w get their values from an object called
`socket_map', so I'd like to know what the purpose of this object is,
and where it is initialized.

Regards,
Ivan Raikov