[Zope-dev] another debugging howto, and a question

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:38:21 +0100 (CET)

Simon Michael writes:
 > Here are some draft howto-like things some might find helpful
 > (improvements welcome) :
 >
 > http://zwiki.org/ZopeDebuggingRoadmap
 > http://zwiki.org/HowToDebugZopeInEmacs
 >
 > and a burning question:
 >
 > how can I invoke zserver such that I will get the interactive debug
 > prompt ? I'd like to have my breakpoints trigger when I access the
 > server in the normal way with a web browser, poke around, let it run
 > on and do it again. I was able to do this in the past and it's useful.
Maybe, the monitor is what you need.
In a monitor session, you can import pdb.

However, as Zope is multi-threaded, pdb interaction might seriously
affect the other threads. To put it another way: I am not sure,
whether pdb is thread safe.

Dieter