[Zope-dev] ZPatterns and Properties that are objects

Roch'e Compaan roche@ybm.co.za
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 13:01:39 +0200

On the Road:

I created a couple of ZClasses based on Dataskin.

In the way I grok ZOPE, properties that are objects can not go onto property
sheets.  So if I have a Customer ZClass that has a property Address (a
property that is an object) then I would create the address object as a
"method" of the Customer that makes references like Customer.Address.Street
possible.

To achieve this without ZPatterns I would base my ZClass on a objectmanager
so that I can create an instance of an Address object within Customer.  So
how does one do this with ZPatterns.  In one posting I picked up that one
does not have much joy with ZPatterns and the ObjectManger base class?

Roché