[Zope-dev] Re: Discussion & Story Building Mediums

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:41:17 +0000

Michael Bernstein wrote:

> Chris Withers wrote:
> >
> > Michael Bernstein wrote:
> >
> > > After some more thought, I realized that this really needs
> > > to be a three-way gateway betrween a mailing list, a 'blog,
> > > and a newsgroup.
> >
> > I'm all up for doing the mailing list/weblog type bits but I have no
> > idea how news _works_ and how it could be integrated into the Zope
> > environment...
>
> Not really, but two-way gateways between mailing lists and
> News servers are pretty well understood, so it should be
> possible to let the mailing list sit between the two, and
> act as a compatibility layer.
>
> What do you think?

Well, not sure the 'mailing list' stuff that may well end up in Swishdot
will behave like a 'normal' mailing list so I'm not sure this will
apply. Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see...

cheers,

Chris