[Zope-dev] License issues

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:40:16 -0500

> this is not about religion and a flame war is the last thing I want
>
> I only wanted to let you know about these facts, and yes there're
> projects that have been hurt by "license issues", for example KDE.

Regaurding licensing, twhile I wouldn't want to snuff out freedom of speech,
I would say that we have already had the "Licensing Wars" about 18 months
ago, and things are settled and non negotiable at this point.  Arguing only
creates tension in the community, which does more damage than good.  If
people choose not to use Zope because it doesn't have a GPL-style license,
that is their freedom and we are sorry to see them leave the community, but
it is impossible to please all of the people all of the time, and the ZPL
pleases most of the people most of the time---including our investors.

No speaking for Digital Creations! ;-)

Chris