[Zope-dev] How do I create folders/methods etc. within the code?

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:27:43 +0100

Some additions:

> > 2. To create folders, mthods etc in the code. I have found some
functions
> > manage_addDTMLMethod, manage_addFolder, but how do I use them?
>
> well look at their signature in the code eg:
>
> self.manage_addFolder(id='Testing')

The Zope Help system that comes with your Zope installation gives a
contextual help with exactly these methods. Another friend is the Zope Quick
Reference (http://zdp.zope.org/projects/zqr).

> > 3. I need to make a site that allows users to register ( i.e. to
generate
> > user folder with some standard documents in them). Anyone have hints
> > regarding this? (or in fact a whole application I can use?)
>
> Look at GenericUserFolder or LoginManager.

As an addition: look at the PTK: it does many of these things for you
already and at least it may be a source of information
(http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK). The only issue is that it's, um, quite
dynamic at the moment if you want to develop code with the PTK as a base.
Some might say a moving target. But if you look for inspiration it will be
fine on all accounts.

hth

Rik-