[Zope-dev] What can you do with FSDump?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:57:19 -0500

"jimbo" <jimbo@tacomaplace.com> wrote:

> I installed FSDump and created a file system dump. Then do I
> follow the normal rules of Python product development?  What
> are some of the various ways I can use it?

At the moment, FSDump is a "one way" tool -- it dumps through-
the-web objects to filesystem analogues.  Its main use for the
moment is to allow various file-based tools (CVS, diff, grep,
etc.) to operate on the content.  See the diff I created this
morning for the DemoPortal product from the PTK:

http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/DemoProduct_0.9.0_0.9.2.diff/index_html

Later, I plan to work on the "recreate from dumped files" bit,
but I want to do more work on the dumping first.  For the moment,
the only "two way" scheme I can think of involves grabbing the
"*.dtml" and "*.py" files from the output and using them as the
raw materials for a replacement filesystem-based product.

Tres.