[Zope-dev] Interface localization: zzLocale 0-0-4a release

Yves-Eric Martin yemartin@garage.co.jp
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:13:47 +0900

    Hello,

    Since the SkinnableAndLocalizable project is on hold, and since
people here in Japan and other non-english speaking countries have
repeatedly expressed their wish for localized versions of Zope, I
decided to continue zzLocale development and turn it into an actually
usable Product. Here is a big step towards it:

    zzLocale release 0-0-4a. zzLocale is a Zope locale support Product
that provides a framework for Zope interface internationalization.

    Main new features are:

o New failover code that should break less stuff (previous version broke
    various Products, like ZGadflyDA or LoginManager. All reported
    broken Products are now working)
o Localization of management tabs
o Localization of buttons (all should work now).
o Fixed hideous bug that prevented uninstall

    Altogether, this should hopefully make this version actually usable:
a few things are still not internationalized (like MessageDialogs), but
it should *work*. Please email me if you can still find things that
break when using zzLocale.

Download urls:
  from zope.org:   http://www.zope.org/Members/yemartin/zzLocale
  from zope.ne.jp: http://www.zope.ne.jp/users/yemartin/zzLocale

    Note that no actual localization file is provided with this release.
Language packs will be made available as we receive translations. (If
you have a few hours to kill, how about translating Zope into your
mother tongue (if it is not English)? ;) ).

Cheers,

--
Yves-Eric Martin
Digital Garage Inc.