[Zope-dev] All channels in medusa occupied?

Carlos Neves cneves@ruido-visual.pt
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 13:08:22 +0000

Hello, everybody,

I am writting a little something wich gets some concurrent connections and
leaves them hanging until there is data to update. My obvious problem is that
my zope handles 4 connections wich wait for a period of up to 5 secs, to give
the viewer the notion of active content. i.e. if there is no data it holds as
if waiting for a connection, and once it has it, the page is refreshed. then a
meta refresh requests it again, and it holds until there is info...
Problem starts because all 4 connections get occupied and waiting, so any
request for a common page in my zope will wait up to 5 secs for a chance to
grab a connection. Is there some way aroud this?

I confess not having put much of an effort in resolving this until now, but
it's not the first time I hit the wall with my head for days, only to see my
problem solved as soon as I posted it to/searched the list. So let's get
parallel this time and I'll start diggin' into this as of *now*.

thanks

--
"Kill processes, not people."
- Larry Cohen