[Zope-dev] RFC: Python/Zope Interfaces: ZCatalog

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:11:45 +0000

Ken Manheimer wrote:

> I'm not expert on eiffel or even interfaces, but my understanding having
> interface "specification very near to the implementation" is misleading,
> at best.  The key thing is that there may be many implementations, all of
> which should be written to the same implementation - so you do not want

Should that be 'same interface'?

> the interface specification tied to any one of them.

This is a very good point!

I'd be really interested in making something that supported the Catalog
'interface' but actually used the new MySQL full-text searching stuff to
do the indexing/searching.

However, until Catalog has a defined _interface_, I'm not even going to
think about starting :-S

Anyone know when that's likely to happen?

cheers,

Chris