[Zope-dev] OracleStorage, and possibly others

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 05:06:23 -0200

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:01:15PM -0800, Ender wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > Well, two betas of OracleStorage in one day, then a month and a
> > half of silence. What's the status?
> >
> > What about the other Storage projects? BerkeleyStorage has been
> > dead for an year, and I heard pretty nasty words about
> > InterbaseStorage. What about someone who wanted to try to port
> > OracleStorage to Postgres or some other RDBMS?
> >
> > Please help stamp out Data.fs! :-)
>
> i've been interested in doing a postgres storage, but i haven't been
> able to convince myself that it would be useful in practice at all. any
> suggestions?

Of course it would, for the same reasons as OracleStorage (eg
FileStorage/Data.fs is inefficient), plus PostgreSQL is free
and Oracle costs thousands of dollars. What's the doubt? :-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
        The biggest site for whatever-it-is-that-we-are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar