[Zope-dev] BerkeleyStorage (Re: [Zope-dev] OracleStorage, and possibly others)

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:41:02 -0200

On Wed, Nov 29, 2000 at 04:28:26PM +0000, Ty Sarna wrote:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
> >
> > What about the other Storage projects? BerkeleyStorage has been
> > dead for an year.
>
> It's not dead, it's just pining for the fjords!
>
> Seriously, AFAIK it still works, and it's mainly just stalled waiting
> for some interest.  It could stand to be updated to BerkeleyDB 3, but
> that was blocked on having an updated Python BerkeleyDB module for a
> while.  Now there is an updated version, so it should be easy to update
> the storage.
>
> The main thing BerkeleyStorage is lacking is interest -- I don't need it
> currently for the purpose for which it was developed, and nobody else seems
> to need it much either.  It looked for a while like it might get a boost
> from the Sessions project, but that's stalled for the moment as well.

I think a BerkeleyDB3-based Storage would be a very cool option
if versioning was optional instead of missing. (Then again,
this is almost getting to my dreamed XDeltaStorage...)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
        The biggest site for whatever-it-is-that-we-are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar