[Zope-dev] OracleStorage, and possibly others

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:36:43 -0500

At 08:10 AM 11/30/00 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:

>I don't think Data.fs will go away.  I do expect it to be relagated to
>initial evaluation and development projects. Use of Berkely DB in

>transactional mode requires a significant andminstration commitment.
>Log files need to be purged. Backup and recovery processes need to be in
>place.

FWIW, Ty and I talked about using a daemonic thread in BerkeleyStorage to
run periodic checkpoints and purge logfiles.  AFAIK, backups of BerkeleyDB
require only that you make a copy of all the associated files.  Recovery's
a bit trickier, of course.  (We never got around to implementing it because
our tests showed that BerkeleyDB didn't solve the performance issue we were
trying to solve.  So we quit working on it at that point.)