[Zope-dev] Zope URL

Suzette Ramsden SuzetteR@ngc.co.tt
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:27:25 -0400

I am hoping someone can help me. I am at the end of my line. I have tried
everything and nothing else works.

I am trying to install Zope on my web server on which I have a small
intranet. I am using Windows NT 4.0 and IIS 4.0.
Ideally I was trying to use Squishdot with Zope to create a small discussion
forum that can be accessed via the INTRANET.

My Web server name is SRNT and is installed on my F:\ partition drive

I installed Zope in the root cgi-bin directory and called my website
ZopeSite. I selected the "Run as a win32 service"
F:\InetPub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ZopeSite\

I went to my browser (MS Internet Explorer 5.0) and accessed the Zope Site
using the URL:
http://srnt:8080/manage

I successfully accessed my Zope site manager and everything was working just
fine.

Now comes the problem:
I do not want to connect to the Intranet using the server port (8080) in the
URL to access the Zope pages .

I installed both Squishdot and TinyTables products on Zope and started
building a Squishdot site, which I named ChatClub. However, the URL to
access the Squishdot site looks like:
http://srnt:8080/Control_Panel/Products/Squishdot/ChatClub/index_html

I WANT IT TO AT LEAST SAY:
http://srnt/Control_Panel/Products/Squishdot/ChatClub/index_html

OR

http://srnt/ChatClub/index_html

I don't want any reference to the server port 8080.
I have read several help documents on IIS and PCGI AND THEY ALL SAY
DIFFERENT THINGS.
One document said to copy the Zope.pcgi to the IIS cgi-bin folder and
another said to copy it to the IIS scripts folder.

One document showed the Zope.pcgi file path configuration completely
different from mine. The document showed :
PCGI_MODULE_PATH=X:\WebSite\lib\python\Main.py

And mine showed
PCGI_MODULE_PATH=F:\InetPub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ZopeSite\lib\python\Zope

The document even had files I didn't have anywhere in my directory like
pcgi.soc and some in completely different folders like:
Help document:
PCGI_MODULE_PATH=X:\WebSite\pcgi\pcgi.pid

My file:
PCGI_MODULE_PATH=F:\InetPub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ZopeSite\var\pcgi.pid

I know there must be a a simple way to accomplish this. I just need someone
to tell me how to do it STEP BY STEP.
I am a Programmer/Analyst, but I am only a novice when it comes to servers
and all the details.

PLEASE HELP

Regards,
Suzette E. Ramsden