[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Container Class questions

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 17:02:37 +0200 (CEST)

Robin Becker writes:
 > I would like to add properties in a property sheet, but cannot find a
 > neat way to see the properties on the base object and on the
 > propertySheet.
 >
 > So I would like my properties to show
 > id
 > title
 >
 > and the properties on my basic properties sheet.
 >
 > I can easily add properties directly to the object during the Thing_add
 > and Thing_addForm and these appear on the properties tab for added
 > objects.
 >
 > How do I get a tab for the property sheets?

I am not sure, I understand precisely, what you want to reach.

ZClass properties are managed on distinct property sheets.
I do not know of a neat way to present (and change) properties
from different property sheets (other than adapting the
"manage_PropertiesForm" manually).

To get a tab for a single property sheet (other than the default
one), you define a "View" (in the ZClass) for it.

I agree with you, that there should be a way to add properties
to the "inherited" or "default" property sheet (or, more
generally, any inherited property sheets, e.g. from inherited
ZClasses).
When I read the code, I had the impression that access to
the default property sheet should be able via the
property sheet name 'default'. Unfortunately, it did not
work (Zope 2.2.2). Apparently, there is some missing link.

Dieter