[Zope-dev] Accessors for DataSkin attributes (was Re: [Zope-dev] Success!

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Sun, 08 Oct 2000 21:30:06 -0500

At 09:14 PM 10/6/00 -0500, Steve Spicklemire wrote:

>OK.. allow me to summarize my very latest thought. Subclassing
>is OK withing my own framework.

Yep.

>It's OK to require users of my
>framework to create ZClasses that subclass from my core logic
>Python classes, and from DataSkin.

Sort of.  To be more precise, as a framework provider you may require that
participating objects provide a particular interface.  The framework user
may 1) create a subclass of one of your classes, 2) add an implementation
of your interface to an existing class of theirs, or 3) use your class as
is, using SkinScript or other means to form an "adapter" between your
desired interface and their existing objects.