[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Container Class questions

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 07:41:49 +0100

In article <39E0CF28.41D4C00A@earthlink.net>, Kapil Thangavelu
<kthangavelu@earthlink.net> writes
One of the things I wanted to do was to add a multiple selection
property to the default properties in the Thing_add method. In order to
do this in multiple zclasses I wanted to have a product wide
variable/property/method to use as the allowed list. I could find no way
to do that. As always with Zope there seem to be different
inheritances/scopes at different times. Statically I can add a property
to the product say projectList and it is visible when I add properties
to a property sheet. So product wide things are visible statically,
however projectList doesn't seem to be visible to my Thing_add method
when I use

manage_addProperty('projects','projectList','multiple selection') ie

I get an error saying projectList isn't known. Clearly product wide
methods are intended to be known at create time so why not properties?
--
Robin Becker