[Zope-dev] DataSkinAddons: Fix for CatalogTrigger for ZPatterns-0-4-3b1

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:24:08 +0100

John Eikenberry wrote:

> The new ZPatterns has changed their NamespaceStack from a function to a
> class. It seems it no longer needs the REQUEST object to be passed to it
> manually. Simply removing the self.REQUEST from the call to NamespaceStack
> has kept it from throwing an exception, though I haven't tested it
> thoroughly.
>
> The change is on line 83 of CatalogTrigger.py:
>
> From...
>         t = NamespaceStack(self.REQUEST)
> To...
>         t = NamespaceStack()
>
> You've probably fixed this already if you've switched to the new ZPatterns,
> just thought I'd drop you a quick note anyways.

Thanks John. I hadn't yet looked to see if DataSkinAddons needs changing
much.

Your fix looks just fine, and I'll include it in a new release soon. If
you find any other problems using DataSkinAddons with the new ZPatterns,
please let me know.

I think the change in ZPatterns is to get rid of some cruft for
supporting both Zope 2.1.x and Zope 2.2.x. Now that ZPatterns only
supports Zope 2.2.x, the code becomes clearer. Unfortunately, this
breaks other products that use ZPatterns intimately.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer