[Zope-dev] Flat Database/ZPatterns api, performance ?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 20:24:35 +0200

Simon Michael wrote:

> Flat Database (was ListMate) is just what I need to whip up an
> interface for non-technical administrators - thanks. So I migrated two
> data tables ("workshops" & "registrations") from gadfly to flatdb
> instances using the CSV import feature, and the admin interface is
> working fine.

I wrote flat database because I wanted some features ListMate didn't have
and didn't want ZClasses.  I basically copied the structure from ListMate,
so it's probably not the best design possible for ZPatterns. So (1) may not
be possible with the current code.

Maybe try creating entries like so:

<dtml-let entry="newItem(id)">
  <dtml-call "entry.manage_addProperty('col_workshopid','string','TEST')">
  <dtml-call "entry.manage_addProperty('col_firstname','string','TEST')">
  <dtml-call "entry.manage_addProperty('col_lastname','string','TEST')">
  </dtml-let>

manage_addEntry doesn't return the new entry.

Idon't  remember how this works anymore, frankly.  The source code is your
friend :)

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com
Fingerprint = D365 7BE8 B81E 2B18 6534  025E D0E7 92DB E441 411C