[Zope-dev] Re: Re: [Zope-dev] ZPattens Question? Guestbook example

James Johnson jimbo@tacoma.zzn.com
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:21:12 -0700

I wondered why my post looked so bad.  Thanks.
I wonder if you are planning on releasing some UML stuff related to
ZPatterns and Zope?  I use a Freeware product called DOME. It has
support for UML and COAD-YOURDON OOA.  I'm don't have any formal
training so I'm still trying to figure out what it all means.
If you have any example diagrams that you can share that would be
most kind.
Here is the code I was trying to use in the first place.

<h2> Inserting new Guest Book Table Info Item!</h2>
<dtml-let id="'entry_%d' % len(self.objectIds())">
          ni="Guestbook.newItem(id)">

    <dtml-call "ni.propertysheets.manage_addPropertySheet
(id='GBookProps', ns='')">
      nips="ni.propertysheets.get('GBookProps')">
    <dtml-call "nips.manage_addProperty('guest_name', guest_name,
'string')">
    <dtml-call "nips.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">

</dtml-let>

>You can use ZPatterns from DTML alone quite easily. However, some
>things
>are easier from an external method or a python method.

I hope it happens soon.
Jimbo