[Zope-dev] Problem 2: ZCatalog

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:30:43 +0100

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> All the objects in /websites/example are being catalogged with paths such as
> /websites/example/folder/myObject.

Using getPhysicalPath I hope and pray...

> However, when I gets the objects path
> using getpath(), it's not adjusted based on the virtual hosting settings -
> it's still /websites/example/folder/myObject, not /folder/myObject as it
> should be.

That's as expected. I guess there needs to be some discussion about what
'should' happen here.
I reckon there should be a getVirtualPath as well as a getPath.
Comments welcome...

For now, the workaround getobject().absolute_url() should work, but does
mean loading the whole object into memory :-(

cheers,

Chris