[Zope-dev] date formatting / extracting substrings

Jeff Nielsen / Ugo Fast Jeff@UgoFast.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 22:10:14 -0700

Hello out there in Zope world!

Again, I'm completely baffled by Zope and the docs are no help either. I'm
trying to take an input of a date in the form YYYYMM as the variable MonthID
and create a string in the form Month, YYYY as a variable named MonthName.
For instance, a MonthID of 200009 should return a MonthName of "September,
2000".

I've been looking in the docs and the emails, but I can't figure out how to
extract substrings. I think something like this should work to seperate the
month value from the MonthID, but it doesn't:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('MonthValue', _.substring(MonthID,5,2))">

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Jeff Nielsen
http://www.UgoFast.com/
"Where U Go Fast"