[Zope-dev] ZPatterns again? Propertysheet not available

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:31:20 +0100

James Johnson wrote:

> Here is my code and the error is nips name not found. Any suggestions
> <dtml-let
> ni="['_.newItem(id)']">
> Print this:<dtml-var ni>

I don't understand what you're trying to do here.
Your code appears to bind to the variable "ni" a list containing the
string literal "_.newItem(id)"

>     nips ="['_.get('GBookProps')']">
>
>     <dtml-call "nips.propertysheets.manage_addProperty('guest_name',
> guest_name, 'string')">
>
> <dtml-call "nips.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
> </dtml-let>

You need to add a propertysheet to object.propertysheets before you can
add properties to that propertysheet. You cannot add properties directly
to object.propertysheets.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer