[Zope-dev] SkinScript, and family

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 09 Sep 2000 12:41:03 +0100

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Steve Spicklemire wrote:
> >
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> >    I doubt that skinscript is going to help with 'potentially
> > complicated calculations'.
>
> After looking, I don't think it wil either.
>
> I am building statistics of of a call Tracking System. For example, each
> ticket has a response time property, and one of the graphs needs average
> response time.
>
> Looks like PythonMehtods is the winner....

Well, I'd start by using a CatalogingTrigger that responds to events
related to your Tickets, and records the ticket_id, ticket_date and
response_time in a ResopnseTimes ZCatalog.

Then, I'd use ZCatalog queries to get average response times for various
periods of time.

I can't see a use for SkinScript in there, though :-)

ps. I am working on a skin script howto. Expect to see something after I
return from a conference on Monday.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer