[Zope-dev] Re: /, XML, DTML, templates

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:00:49 +0100

Evan Simpson wrote:
> Yes, well, making DTML compatible with XML is explicitly *not* a current
> goal,

Good :-) I'm no great XML fan myself, but is does seem to be a 'good
idea' (tm)

> In all other naming areas, especially indirect
> reference (ie. expr="_['/folder/object']") I much prefer slashes.

Yes indeed :-)

So when is something like &dtml.url-/folder/my_object; and your example
above likely to land?

> There are so many ideas for revising DTML that the whole thing ought to be
> done as a single large change (the syntaxgeddon) rather than dribbling out
> new features and spellings over time.  That can easily make people feel that
> they can't keep up with "all these crazy changes".

How's the templating discussion fitting into all of this?

> Just keep giving feedback on those proposals.

See my later posts about following Wiki's being used for discussions :-S

cheers,

Chris