[Zope-dev] Advice on DTMLDocument

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:43:55 +0100

Andy McKay wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Well a while ago I came across a bug that I couldnt cut and paste and
> object. A few people helped me out on that, thanks. Ive had a week of
> squishing bugs and finally got to this one. The reason why? I was
> subclassing DTMLDocument but using my own __init__ (similar to one where I
> dont subclass from DTMLDocument), where I didnt fiddle with __name__. The
> result was when absolute_url() was called I was getting:
> http://fork:8080/code/test/ElementWithAttributes  !

In your __init__ method, try putting this line in:

YourClassName.inheritedAttribute('__init__')(self, id)

This is assuming that you have the argument "id" in your __init__ method.

I've no idea whether it will solve your problem, as I haven't tried to
reproduce it.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer