[Zope-dev] I feel your Wiki Pain ;-)

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
22 Sep 2000 05:54:07 -0700

I like where you're going with this Martijn.

Spurred on by your concrete examples, how about this: every wiki page
has an email address and functions as a "mailing list". Eg: I could
subscribe or send edits to

ZWikiWeb:FrontPageNews@joyful.com
StructuredTextWiki:CurrentStatus@dev.zope.org
ProposalsWiki@dev.zope.org (defaults to the front page)

A zwikiweb could be seen as a hierarchy of very lightweight mail
lists. When I subscribe to a page(list), I would also receive
edits(mail) to its child pages(lists) by default.

Implementation: a sufficiently smart mail server, or (better?) build
on the "mail into zope" project for an all-zope solution. Eg: I might
install and configure the "ZWikiMail" product, and suddenly my
existing wikis are mail-enabled..

Comments ?

-Simon