[Zope-dev] mailing list 'noise'

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 12:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Chris Withers wrote:

> Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > I dont see this as a problem: You only create a new list when the
> > traffic for that proposal gets too great for zope-dev. Threading is
> > good enough before that point.
>
> Yes, but zope-dev has a relatively high traffic load... Why should you
> have to put up with all that 'noise' if you're only interested in posts
> for your comparatively small discussion?

Yeah - maillists flow by, and not everyone can follow all the traffic all
the time!! The cool thing about "content-based" mailling lists, where
people can subscribe to notifications about changes in subthreads, is that
you just subscribe to the part of the discussion that has your interests!!

--
Ken
klm@digicool.com