[Zope-dev] 'REQUEST' lost on DTML rendering

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
28 Sep 2000 17:00:32 GMT

I have a Product which works fine under Zope 2.1.6 but am having
trouble moving it to 2.2.1

This product creates temporary instances of objects and then uses
__bobo_traverse__ to traverse class operators specified in the URL
which create the objects that are rendered via DTML methods.

The very first time one of these objects is called (after tehe
server is started), all works fine.  With all subsequest calls,
the DTML methods which render the results cannot locate the REQUEST
dictionary anymore. My class methods can still see the REQUEST
dictionary just fine with every call, but REQUEST apparently gets
lost between when the bobo_traverse returns and when the DTML
renderer starts.  (and yes, this all worked fine prior to 2.2x :^)

I'm stumped. How could the REQUEST object get passed the first time
to the DTML renderer and never thereafter?

What changed thereabouts?

Thanks