[Zope-dev] Memory problems with ParsedXML ?

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Mon, 02 Apr 2001 19:19:36 +0200

Karl Anderson a =E9crit :

> I didn't think that anyone would want to see a management screen with
> 2500 ParsedXML instances - or 2500 instances of anything - at one
> time. Have you tried using a BTree folder?

BTree Folder is working very nicely...

> Another thing to keep in mind is that the ParsedXML *product* is a DOM
> tree and a management interface around it.  The management interface
> only gives you a convenient UI and a place to store a few bits that
> the DOM doesn't know about (content type, namespace usage, etc.).
> It's always more efficient to just use the DOM tree and related
> utilities (parsing, printing), although it is less convenient - you
> have to know a little bit more about what you're doing.  Do you need
> each of those 2500 product instances?  See the createDOMDocument
> method to create a DOM document without the management interface.

I am trying to use createDOMDocument, calling it from an external method:

from Products.ParsedXML import ParsedXML

def accessXml(document):
    return ParsedXML.createDOMDocument(document)

When using the document returned in a python script,  it seems that Zope
security prevents me from accessing any DOM attributes.

Am I doing something wrong or am I forced to do everything through extern=
al
methods ?

> --
> Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com