[Zope-dev] 27 million objects.

Michael R. Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:24:05 -0700

Erik Enge wrote:

> The programmer solving our problems with the post codes has solved it in a
> different way than what I would've done (his method is way superior), so
> we're not ending up adding all addresses as Zope Objects.

Oh well. Does anyone else have any setups that store truly
massive (50k, 100k, 1M, you know, *lots*) numbers of
objects? Preferably stored in a BTree of some sort
(ZPatterns Rack, BTree folder, etc.). the objects can be
simple ZClasses, or almost anything else. I'm trying to find
out of there is a point where you start getting non-linear
performance penalties for additional objects (storing,
retreiving, or indexing).

Meanwhile Erik, what approach *did* your programmer take?

> Therefore, I don't have any benchmark tests available.  We are going to
> transfer some 10GB of data at a later stage though (within a month), and
> that could result in some tests being done - if so, I'll send you an
> email.  :-)

I'll look forward to it.

Cheers,

Michael Bernstein.