[Zope-dev] ZODBCA questions...

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:28:52 -0400

We too are having problems connecting to Access2000 with ZODBCDA. Seemed to
be working fine (and I guess it still does) but it is slowing our whole site
down. all our parts were playing together very well until (we think) about
the 2.3.x introduction.

Our site grinds to a halt and is very slow in every aspect; usually in the
morning but on and off throughout the day. We tried some caching in various
places which seemed to help for a while but it is slowing back down again.

Access2000 on Win2000 with ODBC connection to Zope with ZODBCDA. Could it be
the single threadedness of either the DA or Win2K ODBC driver or Access2000
itself?? We think we have narrowed it down to the database causing the
slowdown.

Considered a move to MySQL as it is installed. Would the ZODBCDA to MySQL
cause similar problems? Better to use the native My SQL DA?

Anyone else running into same problems? Have any options to try? Thanks

Allen
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim McLaughlin [mailto:tim@BCSWebservices.net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:51 AM
To: 'andym@activestate.com'; 'zope-dev@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] ZODBCA questions...

Andy-
We've had no probs with ZODBCDA  connected to SQL Server (7 and 2000).  What
leads you to think it's a prob with the DA?

Tim

Message: 2
From: "Andy McKay" <andym@ActiveState.com>
To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:45:55 -0700
Subject: [Zope-dev] ZODBCA questions...

Im getting some performance issues with my sites, im connecting Zope to a
SQL Server (not using ZEO). I've got suspicion, but no proof, that its
ZODBCA that is the problem. Does anyone have experiences with this on large
sites and / or a suggestion to replace it?

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.