[Zope-dev] ActiveState / DC Collaboration

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:32:59 -0700

> Right now, the windows distribution is really geared toward
> the crowd that really doesn't know and doesn't care about
> Python distributions, etc. It is intended to "just work"
> in a way that doesn't require the user to know anything
> and that doesn't interfere with any other Python things
> that may or may not be on their system.

True.

> I'd be happy to support someone in the effort of fixing
> this, though I can't commit to getting it done myself.
> Someone with enough knowledge about how Python windows
> installs work and a rudimentary knowledge of WISE should
> be able to work it out so that the win32 distribution is
> willing to let you pick which Python to use if it sniffs
> one (or more) out on the target system.

This would be a great solution, but I dont think I can devote any time to it
all. Is the WISE installation script available for patching?

The hacks I do on windows now to get to read the right python are annoying
and I have at least two versions everywhere. I know you're busy so just
having 2.x will make me very happy.

Cheers.
--
  Andy McKay.