[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] REQUIRING Python 2.1??

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@digicool.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:43:35 -0400 (EDT)

  A> What I do know is that requiring an upgrade to a not-yet-gold Py
  A> release as a prerequisite to the next Zope release is unwise
  A> software policy.

What is a "not-yet-gold" Python release?  Guido just announced the 2.1
release candidate.  We'll have the final 2.1 release on Tuesday.

Is that a "not-yet-gold" release?  I've got no idea.  Perhaps it's
just a brassy release :-).  Is the gold-vs.-lead categorization
something that users come up with in secret after using the software
for a few months.

I'm pleased to see that the new Python 2.x features will be available
for use by Zope developers.

Jeremy